Thursday, January 13, 2011

I will survive

You know this recession has really put a lot of folks in tough situations, and I Dear Reader am one of them. The amount of pressure put on me on a daily basis is beginning to wear on me in a destructive way. I am scrambling every hour of every day and have little to show for it. I have literally never worked so hard (mentally) for so little in results. The well isn't dry, but we need some rain and quick.

To combat all this I try to fill my head with positive words via motivational podcasts. I am indulging my taste for beer (that means I'm up to 3 a week). I'm trying to get more sleep than my usual 5 1/2 - 6 hours. I know exercising more would help too, but I just can't bring myself to make the time. I mean, I worked 15 days straight and then had two days off where I was going all day long with no breaks...in other words, no rest. And starting this weekend, I'm back to working Saturdays as a scheduled day...6 day work week again.

The one bright spot that has helped me more than anything else is my faith. Without a doubt I would have folded a long time ago without it. Giving all my cares over to Him allows me spaces to breath...spaces I wouldn't have without Him.

I know in my heart of hearts that things will get better. But I'm also prepared for things to different in whatever form that takes.

What a ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment